Last updated: March 2019
- 2016 B.A in Political Science, University of Gothenburg
- 2011-2012 Pedagogical Training for Teaching in Higher Education, (various certificates), University of Gothenburg
- 2011 PhD. in Sociology, Department of Sociology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2006 M.A. in Sociology. Minor in: Political Science, Economics, and Mathematics. University of Gothenburg, & University of Jönköping, Sweden.
- 2018, Jan. – 2019, Dec. Bell Fellow, Center for Population and Development Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, The United States.
- 2016, Jan - 2016, Jun. Department of Sociology, University of Cambridge, the UK.
- 2015, Sept. – 2015, Dec. Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, the U.S.
- 2015, Feb. – 2015, Sept. Department of Economics, The New School for Social Research, New York, the U.S.
- 2013, Sept. – 2015, Jan. The Max Planck Institute for the Studies of Societies, Cologne, Germany.
- 2012, Mar. – 2012, Apr. Townsend Center for International Poverty Research, University of Bristol, the UK.
- 2010, Feb. – 2010, Apr Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge, the UK.
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
Full list at Google Scholar
- Accepted. Daoud, Adel, Alexander Kentikelenis, Thomas Stubbs, Lawrence King. “The International Monetary Fund’s Interventions in Food and Agriculture: An Analysis of Loans and Conditions”, Food Policy, 5yr Impact factor: 4.1.
- 2019, Kraamwinkel, N., Ekbrand, H., Davia, S., Daoud, Adel., The influence of maternal agency on child well-being in conflict-ridden Nigeria: modelling heterogeneous treatment effects with machine learning. PLoS ONE 5yr Impact factor: 2.8, (cit. NA).
- 2018, Daoud, Adel, and Bernhard Reinsberg, “Structural adjustment, state capacity, and child health: Evidence from IMF programs,” International Journal of Epidemiology. 5yr Impact factor: 10.2.
- 2018, Daoud, Adel, “Unifying studies of Scarcity, Abundance, and Sufficiency”, Ecological Economics. Vol 147, Issue: May, pp. 208 – 217. 5yr Impact factor: 4.8,
- 2017, Daoud, Adel, Elias Nosrati, Bernhard Reinsberg, Alexander Kentikelenis, Thomas Stubbs, and Lawrence King, ”Impact of International Monetary Fund programs on child health“, Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 5yr Impact factor: 10.4,
- 2017, Daoud, Adel, “A Framework for Synthesizing the Malthusian and Senian approaches: exemplified by the 1943 Bengal Famine”., Cambridge J of Economics, Vol 42, Issue 2, pp. 453-476, 5yr Impact factor: 2.2,
- 2016, Daoud, Adel, Björn Halleröd, and Deberati Guha Sapir, “What is the association between absolute child poverty, poor governance, and natural disasters? A global comparison of some of the realities of climate change” PLoS ONE, 11(4), 5yr Impact factor: 2.8.
- 2015, Daoud, Adel, “Quality of Governance, Corruption, and Absolute Child Poverty in India” Journal of South Asian Development, August 10:119-147. doi: 10.1177/0973174115588844
- 2013, Bjorn Halleröd, Bo Rothstein, Adel Daoud, Shailen Nandy , (2013) “Bad Governance and Poor Children: A Comparative analysis of government efficiency and severe child deprivation in 68 low- and middle-income countries”, World Development, vol 48 (August), pp.19-31. doi:10.1016/j.worlddev.2013.03.007
- 2011, Daoud, A (2011) “The Modus Vivendi of Material Simplicity: Counteracting Scarcity via the Deflation of Wants”, Review of Social Economy, 69(3), pp. 275-305. (won the Association of Social Economics’ Helen Potter Award for best article 2011). doi:10.1080/00346764.2010.502832
- 2010, Daoud, A (2010), ‘Robbins and Malthus on Scarcity, Abundance, and Sufficiency: The Missing Sociocultural Element’ American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 69(4), pp. 1206-1229. doi: 10.1111/j.1536-7150.2010.00741.x
- 2014, [Edited book] Daoud, Adel, editor, (with Reza Azarian and Bengt Larsson), Ekonomisk sociologi– en introduktion. Liber. Stockholm. 978-91-47-11137-4
- 2011, [PhD thesis] Daoud, A (2011) Scarcity, Abundance, and Sufficiency: Contributions to Social and Economic Theory, Göteborg Studies in Sociology No 46, Gothenburg. 978-91-979397-1-3
- 2008, [Edited book] Daoud Adel.(with Bengtsson Mattias., and Seldén, Daniel.) (2008) En realistisk sociologi i praktiken. Nio texter om samhället, Department of Sociology Research rapport nr 141. University of Gothenburg: Intellecta Infolog AB, Gothenburg. ISBN 0072-5099
- Arabic (mother tongue: fluent in speech, basic in writing)
- Swedish (fluent)
- English (fluent)
- German (basic)
- Norwegian (fluent in speech, basic in writing)
- Danish (basic)
- Nationality: Swedish