- Teaching specialization: quantitative method, computer assisted qualitative data analysis, economic sociology, policy and child poverty.
- Extensive teaching experience: Have extensive lecturing experience: in international environment (outside of Sweden) about 200 units; graduate level about 400 units; undergraduate level 740 units. This equals a total amount of 1340 units. (A two hour lecture equals 8 units; supervision of a bachelor thesis equals 12 units).
- Course leadership and development: Developed new courses from idea to finished product (mainly in economic sociology and political economy: University of Gothenburg). Experienced in having course leadership (mainly in economic sociology and political economy, University of Gothenburg).
- Thesis supervision: Supervised numerous student theses at various levels (undergraduate, bachelor, master, and techer´s programme)
- Pedagogical Training: Have studied and taken several higher education pedagogical courses to ensure and develop my pedagogical skills.
- Writing: Have written and edited several textbook materials (published in Liber).
- Political Economy and Development studies: (child) poverty; inequality, comparative policy and governance;
- Economic Sociology: social theory, new economic sociology
- Methodology: Quantitative methods, multilevel modeling, social network analysis, topic modeling (quantitative * textual analysis), R-programming.
- 2012 Teaching Statistics in the Social Sciences, 17-18 October, 2012, Picturasalen, University of Lund
- 2011 Didactics, with professor Björn Nilsson. 21, 27 September and 5 October, Department of sociology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2011 Supervision and Examination of Teacher Programme, 2 day, course. Department of Sociology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden,
- 2011 Teaching in Higher Education II, 7.5 ECTS, Social Science Faculty, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2010 Pedagogy, Development, and Quality, 28 Januari 2010, Novotel. With Linda Barmnan, Karolinska Institutet.
- 2006 Teaching in Higher Education I, 7.5 ECTS, Social Science Faculty, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
Appointments related to teaching
- 2011, May – 2013, Aug. Lecturer/Researcher, Department of Sociology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2006, Mar. – 2011, Apr. Doctoral student, Department of Sociology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden.
PUBLICATIONS – RELATED to PEDAGOGY
###Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- 2011 Daoud A. and Larsson B. (2011) “Economic Sociology – Old and New”, International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education. 2 (3), pp. 255-269.
- 2014 [Edited book] Daoud, Adel, editor, (with Reza Azarian and Bengt Larsson), Ekonomisk sociologi– en introduktion. Liber. Stockholm.
Book chapters, Reports, and Other publications.
- 2014 Daoud, Adel and Larsson, Bengt, (2014) “Den nya ekonomiska sociologin” in Ekonomi och Samhälle – en introduktion Liber. Stockholm
- 2014 Daoud, Adel (with Reza Azarian and Bengt Larsson), (2014) “Introduktion” in Ekonomi och Samhälle – en introduktion Liber. Stockholm
INVITED TALKS and TEACHING (selected)
- 2015, May Lecturer, Impact of the Financial Crisis on Children, Children, Rights, Poverty, Equality in Development, May 5th, 6pm – 8 pm, The New School for Social Research, Graduate Program in International Affairs, New York, USA.
- 2014, Dec. Seminar on (with Barbara Fulda), Using R-programming for Social Scientific Inquiry, at Max Planck Studies for Societies, Cologne, Germany.
- 2014, Mar.- July Supervision of research assistant, at Max Planck Studies for Societies, Cologne, Germany
- 2013, Oct. Seminar on Reflections about writing your PhD, at Max Planck´s IMPRS-SPCE Graduate Retreat, Oct 25, in Wuppertal, Germany
- 2011, Oct. Public talk, Vad kan ekonomisk sociologi bidra till vår kunskap om ekonomin? - Fokus på resursknapphet, Social Science day (Samhällsvetenskapens dag), 8 oktober, 2011
- 2010, May Lecture on Atlas.ti training session, Monday 17 May, Department of Sociology, University of Cambridge
- 2012-2013 Advanced Qualitative Method (PhD level); Sociological Analyses and Horizons (political economy and economic sociology block)
- 2011-2013 Applied Sociology (Quantitiative); Supervision of numerious sociology Master and Backelor theses.
- 2009-2012 Economic Sociology – Money, Markets, Power (course leader); Advanced Qualitative Method (PhD level)
PEDAGOGICAL HONOURS AND AWARDS
Academic & Pedagogic Recognitions
2013 Supervised the bachelor thesis ”Demokratimåttets betydelse för forskningsresultat om barnfattigdomsreducering i utvecklingsländer” written by Inga-Lisa Adler and Elisabeth Lindh, which was awarded an academic prize by Stiftelsen Torgny Segerstedts Minne.
2012 Nominated for Götas pedagogiska pris vid Samhällsvetenskapliga fakulteten. Theme – communicating knowledge. Pedagogical prize.
Languages I can teach in
- Swedish (fluent)
- English (fluent)
Professor Bengt Larsson Department of sociology and works science, University of Gothenburg Email. Bengt.email@example.com tel: +46 031-786 0000 Address: Box 720, 405 30 Göteborg Sweden
Associate Professor Oskar Engdahl Head of Teaching Department of sociology and works science, University of Gothenburg Email. Oskar.Engdahl@sociology.gu.se tel: +46 031-786 0000 Address: Box 720, 405 30 Göteborg Sweden
Cyro Banega Head of Teaching (former) Department of sociology and works science, University of Gothenburg Email. Cyro.Banega@sociology.gu.se tel: +46 031-786 0000 Address: Box 720, 405 30 Göteborg Sweden